Cookies can be described as little packages of information which are used to identify internet users, and the information they regularly enter into their browser’s search engines. Using cookies come with their advantages and disadvantages. If you don’t delete web cookies, you will get a quick and comfortable browser experience, keeping track of your login details so that you aren’t locked out of your favorite websites, convenient online shopping experience, and many more benefits.
However, the major disadvantages include reduced internet privacy, compromised personal online information, possible internet fraud activity, consistent and annoying online ads from advertising companies, and attacks from hackers.
If you think maintaining your browser cookies may pose a risk to your internet security, then it is probably best for you to learn how to delete these web cookies manually from your internet browser. The procedure given below is categorized according to various internet browsers. This way, whether you’re using PC, Android or an iOS Device, you can still make use of these instructions to secure your internet browsing experience and protect yourself from these risks.
How to Delete Web Cookies in Google Chrome?
- On your Android phone, personal computer or tablet, open the Google Chrome App.
- Click on the option “More”, it may also have the icon of three dots, and then select “Settings”.
- Select the option “Privacy” then simply select “Clear browsing data”.
- In this category, you are free to personalize your selections regarding which cookies to delete. This can be done by selecting a specific time range.
- The next step is to check or tick “Cookies and site data”. You may go ahead to uncheck or untick all the other items available.
- Finally, select “Clear data”.
By this point, you should have successfully cleared all your internet browser cookies. Note that, carrying out this procedure will cause you to lose the convenience of quick and easy access to most sites.
How To Clear Internet Cookies In Safari On iOS (e.g iPhone)?
- Open “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Select the “Safari” icon.
- Scroll down till you see “Advanced” and click on it.
- Select “Website Data”.
- Click on “Remove All Website Data”. This should clear browser history along with internet cookies.
- Alternatively, you can open the “Safari” internet browser on your device.
- Tap on the icon that looks like an open book.
- Select the icon for “History”.
- Then select “Clear”. This should delete browser history, web cookies, and other browsing data on the platform.
- You can also specify the time frame to delete. It could be within the last hour, the present day, previous day, or all time.
How to Clear Internet Cookies In Mozilla Firefox?
- Open Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser.
- Select the “Browser Menu”.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Privacy”.
- Tick the box that says “Clear private data on exit”.
- Do the same for the option “Cookies and active logins”.
- Tap the option “Set”.
How To Clear Internet Cookies In Opera Internet Browser?
- Open Opera Internet Browser.
- Select the browser “Menu”.
- Click on “Privacy and Security”.
- Select “Cookies”.
- An option saying “Keep local data only until I quit my browser” will be there. Select it.
Your browser cookies should be successfully deleted if you followed these steps.
How To Clear Web Cookies In Internet Explorer?
This method of clearing browser cookies comes in handy for computer users who own devices such as laptops or desktop computers. Internet Explorer comes installed with these devices and until one acquires another internet browsing platforms, cookies would be stored in this browser. The steps are outlined below:
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Select the “Star” icon with three dashes on the top right. When you hover your cursor on it, it should indicate “Hub (Favorites, reading list, books, history, and downloads)”.
- Select “Clear History”.
- Certain boxes will be ticked as shown in the image below but if they aren’t then you might have to tick them yourself. These boxes include “Browsing history”, “Cookies and saved website data”, “Cached data and files”, “Tabs I’ve set aside or recently closed”.
- Select the option “Clear”.
You may also want to select the option that allows you to “Always clear this when I close the browser”. There is an icon which looks like a switch. This can be used to avoid having to manually delete internet cookies from your web browser. This way, it becomes an automatic process.
Our Unlimited VPN Packages give you access to over 15 VPN Servers all around the world with Unlimited Data Transfer, Complete Privacy, Unlimited Server Switching for all your devices and with 5 Simultaneous Connections!