1) Download the OpenVPN Profile sent to you via E-mail. (This .OVPN file contains the Server information)
2) Go to the OpenVPN Community Downloads webpage. Download and install the most recent version.
3) Click on the 'Save File' button to continue.
4) Start the OpenVPN client installation process, Depending on your user privileges or operating system settings, you may require Administrative rights. Hit the ‘Continue’ button.
5) When the OpenVPN Client installation begins, click the ‘Next’ button.
7) Click on the 'Next' button.
8) Confirm the contents of the ‘Destination Folder’ field.
9) Once the ‘TAP DRIVER’ installation is finished, the progress bar will inch forward and finally complete.
10) When everything is successfully installed, you will notice a 'Completed' label status above the progress bar, then click the ‘Next’ button.
11) Locate the newly created ‘OpenVPN GUI’ icon on your desktop, and right-click on it and select the ‘Properties’ item.
12) Click on the ‘Advanced’ button. It will load a new window. Once there, tick ‘Run as administrator’ and click ok and click ok on ‘Properties’ window.
13) Back on your Desktop run ‘OpenVPN GUI’, Once the GUI is running, move on to the next step.
14) Copy the OpenVPN Profile file from Step 1 to the ‘config’ directory, under ‘OpenVPN’ folder. If you chose the default install path during the install process, then it’s ‘C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config’ or ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\config’.
15) Right-click the ‘OpenVPN GUI’ icon in the taskbar on the lower-right corner of your desktop, and find the Connect button.
16) When you are connected, you may notice status messages scrolling through the ‘OpenVPN Console’. If recieve any error or warning messages, take note of them; look for the ‘connected’ message above the ‘Assigned IP’. Take this opportunity to test the connection by opening an IP Address Checker like: https://ipleak.net. Also, check for DNS leaks if needed.